RYOT is an action-oriented website that pairs news stories with relevant opportunities so that readers feel empowered to do something in response to what they read. We are often moved by what we read and hear, but until now, we’ve struggled to find ways to participate in what’s going on in the world around us. However, thanks to RYOT, readers now have the opportunity to “Become the News” and take action when they read something that moves them.
Here at Darling, we absolutely love the idea and are excited to tell you that we have officially partnered with RYOT to share relevant content and encourage readers on both Darling and RYOT to respond to what they learn in the news.
How does RYOT take passive readers and help them become activists? This is how it all works…
1. Every story posted on RYOT.org is accompanied by an action box, which links directly to a leading organization that is making a positive impact on the issue.
2. At the end of every story, you’ll find a RYOT note, their take on the traditional editor’s note. This is where you can read about the connection between the story and the featured cause or organization. You can also discover additional facts and figures related to the story.
3. In addition to donating, some stories will have different ways for you to participate, such as signing petitions, reaching out to someone who can make a difference or registering to vote.
4. A percentage of all advertising revenue goes to a featured non-profit, which changes weekly. Just by getting your news from RYOT and sharing our stories, you are helping to change the world.
5. If you want to learn more about an organization before donating, you can click on their name inside the box to visit their partner page without ever leaving RYOT.org. You’ll be able to learn about the organization’s mission and philanthropic activities. You can even donate from the partner page without having to navigate back to the story.
6. When you donate to a RYOT partner through RYOT.org, your money goes directly to the organization. This is especially important during disaster relief, when organizations need immediate access to funds to make the biggest impact as quickly as possible.
Want to learn more about RYOT? Visit them at www.RYOT.org—and don’t forget to check out some of the wonderful Darling articles they’ve already shared with their readers…
– Spaghetti, Meet Sauce
– Becky Straw, Ember Hero
– In Other Words: Ubiquitous
– Top 4 Fashion Trends
– Darling Gift Guide: For Her
– Darling Gift Guide: For Him